Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We Have 'Hawk!


Yay! Salem has finally grown a respectable mohawk! Granted, it's nowhere near Fjord proportions, but I think it's quite flattering. It certainly makes his neck look fatter (and I <3 a nice, thick, warmblood-stallion-cut-late kinda neck!). Yes, the part near his withers has been smooshed a bit by his fly sheet...but, really, what are ya gonna do? We'll take it!


Loving the spiky punk look



 Had to throw in a pic of Salem dry, to show his lovely (sun-bleached) coat


Like my new look, guys?

So, now that Salem is rockin' his 'hawk, I need some mohawk maintenance tips from you guys. Do you clip it? Cut it with scissors? Take a weed whacker to it? I am woefully inept when it comes to hair styling (it took me over 20 years to figure out how to tame my own Mufasa fro), so I need all the help I can get. *grabby hands* Knowledge, please!

3 comments:

eventer79 said...

Yeah for the 'hawk! If I have to do a big trim (Solo's grows fast), I hack off the length with scissors and then trim the edges from the side with the clippers.

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

Awesomeness...looks GREAT on him, but Salem always looks HOT! When I roached Laz, I didn't maintain it...it took a while to grow out and when it finally was long enough to cut it, it was OCT so I let it grow out.

Achieve1dream said...

Gorgeous!! And I have to agree with you I LOVE a nice, thick, warmblood-stallion-cut-late kinda neck. :D My favorite kind. He's looking awesome. I don't have any maintenance tips for mohawks because with my Appy I just occasionally chopped it all back off at the neck and let it grow out again. :)