Monday, March 7, 2011

Send Your Positive Vibes, Please

I have good news and bad news. The bad news, actually, is more like heartbreaking news -- Salem's owner is in a coma and it's apparently "only a matter of time." Obviously, I feel like I've been hit with a sledgehammer. I've known this woman for over twenty years. We unfortunately haven't been in touch for a few months, but I'm still shocked that, sometime in the near future, she will be gone. The finality of it all...honestly, I'm still attempting to wrap my head around it.

So, where does that leave Salem? Well, I've literally spent the last two days on the phone. No decisions have been made yet, but I've made sure that he's safe and secure for the time being. This whole situation is a huge mess and it's going to take a while to sort it out; but Salem might be coming home.

Obviously, there are a lot of snarls that need to be untangled first. I'll keep you guys updated as things unfurl. Please keep Raffie and Salem in your thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed horrible news - but so glad you're trying to help out with Salem. Sending good thoughts to you all.

eventer79 said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear that, that is heartbreaking! I truly hope that she is not in pain and surrounded by love.

As for Salem...well, as much as we'd love to see him back, not quite the circumstances we'd pick, eh? I will be thinking of all three of you, Solo nuzzles to all.

SprinklerBandit said...

I'm sorry to hear about Salem's owner. Best wishes for all involved.

Golden the Pony Girl said...

I have her in my thoughts. Tough times for all involved I am sure.

Achieve1dream said...

Oh my gosh! What happened to put her in a coma? So awful. My prayers and thought are with those involved. Please keep us updated on them both.