For those of you unfamiliar with WL, it's a product that kills bacteria, fungus, spores (even Anthrax!), and viruses while doing zero damage to healthy hoof tissue. Once mixed with white vinegar, it creates a bad-stuff-killing gas, so the horse's hoof must be enclosed in some form of "gas chamber." Last year, I used gallon-sized Ziploc bags with duct tape and Vetrap, which worked well but was a giant PITA.
This year, I've adopted Candy's method: buy a dry sack from a sporting good store (they're usually in the kayaking/other-water-sports section), put the solution and hoof in the dry sack, and secure the top with an Ace bandage. And voila! New Improved High-Vis Yellow Gas Chamber Hoof!
As you can see, I did a crappy job of putting the dry sack on Salem's leg. It started slipping, so
I had to adjust it midway through the 40-minute soak
"I am not amused. Give me more mints."
So far, we're only two hooves into the treatment (because I am a BAD, procrastinating owner!). I do have two dry sacks, but I don't want to push Salem's patience so we're only doing one hoof at a time. He has another trim scheduled for Friday, so we'll see if we've killed all the fungus or if we must continue with Gas Chamber Hoof adventures.
At least he has a nice view for his 40-minute soaks!